Besides laughter, good memories and family fun, what should you expect and plan for at PorktoberQue? Here’s a TOP 10 list of things to remember to make your visit enjoyable:
- No coolers are allowed in the gates. Sorry. We have plenty of food, beer, water and other items for sale, though!
- Bring a camera! For the Reptile Discovery Program, for the Car Show, for the “stick your head through a hole and be the PorktoberQue pig” cut out…. there’s lots of photo ops!
- Bring sunscreen for the kids (and yourself!) on Saturday. Lots of outside activities including the free inflatables, free putt putt, free car show, and loads of shopping— about 80% of the festival is in the sun. If you get hot, we have air-conditioning in the Biergarten.
- Yes, there’s beer for sale, but it’s still family friendly. It’s not a drunk fest, but rather a fun event for people of all ages and no one who is intoxicated will be served.
- Even if you’re 75 years old, you need a valid ID to purchase beer. It’s Alabama state law and we follow those laws and rules. Everyone purchasing a beer needs to get their ID verified and get an armband.
- Bring some money to purchase BBQ and great food both days! There’s also a People’s Choice tasting tent that’s an additional $10 on Saturday. Proceeds benefit NHS cross country program.
- There are a few activities for kids that cost extra, like the NASCAR simulator, the pony rides, the mini-helicopter rides and things of that nature. The cornhole tournament is also extra, $20, and you need to register in advance to get your team a spot.
- There’s no extra cost to go into the Man Cave and watch the football games or enjoy the fun!
- Admission is just $2 per person per day, kids 6 and under are free both days. Wear Lederhosen and get in free!
- There is shopping with a wide variety of vendors both INSIDE the air-conditioned building and also outside. Make sure you check both out!
PorktoberQue is September 27th from 5-9pm and also September 28th from 10-9. List of bands playing on two stages both days is above under the Entertainment tab. See you there!