Today, Friday September 25 at 5pm the gates to the Houston County Farm Center open at 5pm and PorktoberQue begins! You can buy your tickets at the door- just $4 per person and people in lederhosen get in free! Kids 6 and under are also free. Well behaved pets on a leash also welcome.
There are lots of great events happening tonight, including:
- KCBS Barbecue competition and Baked bean and Bratwurst cooking competitions all evening and into tomorrow
- Cornhole tournament practice rounds and registration all evening
- The air-conditioned Fest Haus is open from 5-10 tonight. Inside it will be live polka music, dancing, shopping with vendors and the Sam Adams Octoberfest-style beer. There are also food vendors in here including bratwursts and bavarian-style pretzels.
- Boat and RV show open 5-9
- The Reptile Discovery Program will have one show tonight at 7pm inside the air-conditioned Fest Haus
- The free bounce houses for kids will be open from 5-9
- The Ultimate Air Dogs Dock Diving Competition will begin tonight at 5:00 and continue until it is dark
- The Man Cave will have TV’s going all evening, powered by DISH. If your favorite station isn’t on, just ask the DISH reps to change the channel. There will be SEC football on the TV’s tomorrow. The Man Cave is a great spot to sit, eat dinner and have a drink, too.
- The outside stage has two great acts tonight.Reid Soria from Autism Sings at 6pm