Lots of great activities TODAY at PorktoberQue!
Today, Saturday, September 26th the gates to the Houston County Farm Center are open from 10am until 7pm! You can buy your tickets at the door- just $4 per person and people in lederhosen get in free! Kids 6 and under are also free. Well behaved pets on a leash also welcome. Many thanks to MIke Schmitz Automotive Group for their sponsorship and assistance in helping us put this event on.
There are lots of great events happening today, including:
- KCBS Barbecue competition all morning and afternoon. Several teams and vendors will have barbecue for sale, too.
- Kids Que pork chop grilling competition from 9:30-11. Awards at 1:55 on the stage.
- Classic and antique car show -registration for classic cars from 8-11 and the show for spectators is from 10-3 with awards at 3:00
- Pet A Pig- visit the pig petting booth near the barns and pet a pig for free, courtesy of Over the Top BBQ and the Miss BBQ Queens
- People’s Choice tasting tent opens at 11:00 For a donation to the NHS Cross Country Program, sample all the barbecue you want and vote for the best!
- Cornhole tournament at 3pm
- The air-conditioned Fest Haus is open from 10 -7 tonight. Inside it will be live polka music, dancing, shopping with vendors and the Sam Adams Octoberfest-style beer. There are also food vendors in here including bratwursts and bavarian-style pretzels.
- Boat and RV show open 10-6
- The Reptile Discovery Program will have shows today at 11:30, 1:30 and 3:45 with meet and greets afterward inside the air-conditioned Fest Haus
- The free bounce houses for kids will be open from 10-5
- The Ultimate Air Dogs Dock Diving Competition will begin tonight at 10:00 and continue until it is over, approximately 5:30 pm
- The Man Cave will have TV’s going all day, powered by DISH. The Man Cave is a great spot to sit, eat dinner and have a drink, too.
- Polka music all day inside the Fest Haus
- The outside stage has entertainment just about all day:
- Awards 5:30
ON Saturday, September 26 throughout the day you can come to the KMX booth (along the fence between the barbecue part of the festival and the car show) and play games for prizes. Best of all, it’s FREE to play! We’ll update the games as we get more details, but so far we have the following free games to play:
- BOWL YOUR BUTT– from 10 am-noon Sponsored by Dairy Queen. Contestants (5 at a time) will try ot outscore their opponents in ONE FRAME where they will bowl over pig painted pins. The winners will win a prize, and it will be a lot of fun!
- NUTS FOR BUTTS– from 12 noon until 2pm. Sponsored by Wiregrass Liquidators. PEANUT ROLLING GAME- contestants(5 at a time) will put on a pig snout and will roll a peanut from a start line to a finish line. The first one across wins a prize!
- PAINT THE PIG- All day! Sponsored by the Red Barn. COLORING CONTEST- kids can come by the KMX tent and color a pig. An on-air personality will judge for the best. Winners will be announced at the start of the BBQ awards, on the main stage at 5:30 pm.
- Don’t get your TAIL IN A KNOT- KNOT UNTYING GAME FROM 10AM- NOON– contestants (5 at a time will attempt to untie knots from the pig’s tail the first one done will win a prize. SPONSORED BY WET PETS